⚠️ Are you in a hurry? ⚠️
Use your Holafly promo code now!
What is Holafly + Discount code
Holafly was founded in 2018 with the aim of offering internet access abroad to thousands of travelers quickly and effortlessly.
Ever since, they have mainly dealt with digital eSIM cards and SIM cards that they ship to your home so you don’t have to bother about them when you get to your destination.
However, due to the evolution of technology and mobile devices, from November 30, 2022, they only work with eSIMs. A more convenient option for the traveler and more sustainable for the planet.
Benefits of using an eSIM when you travel
Using an eSIM is a simple and fast way to have internet in countries where your mobile plan does not include roaming. Here are all the benefits of using this incredible service:
- With an eSIM, you will have internet on your mobile device throughout your trip. This will help you travel more easily since you will be able to consult all the information you need at any time.
- You won’t waste any time before or during your trip, as you can buy and configure the eSIM in just a few minutes. This means that, once you arrive at your destination, you won’t have to go crazy looking for a store to buy a SIM card to get internet.
- Best of all, you will have internet from the moment your plane lands at your destination, which is incredible right?
- By using an eSIM, you can keep your original card on your mobile. This way, you’ll have internet on your phone, and you’ll still be able to receive important calls or messages.
- From the very beginning, you will know how much it will cost you to have internet in the destination country, and you will know how much data you have. This way, you will avoid surprises with exaggerated prices on SIM cards or surprise charges for roaming data.
Holafly discount code
Something you will be interested to know is that, as a reader of this travel blog, you have access to a 5% promo code for your new eSIM, thus saving some money on your trip.
If you see that the 5% discount has not been applied, don’t forget to use my Holafly discount code: “COMEAMAVIAJA” at checkout, so you can easily get your eSIM at a better price!
How Holafly’s eSIM works
Don’t worry, having internet abroad is very easy with a Holafly eSIM. It is compatible with most mobile devices, but if you have any doubts, you can check it out on their official website.
First of all, once you enter the website, you will have to indicate the country in which you want to have data. It is also possible to purchase an eSIM for a continent, which will serve you in all its countries.
Remember that if you book your eSIM with the code “COMEAMAVIAJA”, you will get a 5% discount on Holafly.
Once you have chosen the country or continent, you will have to select the number of days you want to have internet at your destination. The days start counting once you activate your eSIM.
After completing the necessary data and making the payment, you will receive an email with a QR code. Keep this QR code safe until the day of your trip.
Before leaving for your trip, set up the eSIM by adding your data plan. You will need an internet connection to do the installation, so it is advisable to leave it configured, although you should not activate it until you arrive at your destination.
To do the configuration, prepare the QR code on the computer screen. Go to “settings,” “mobile data,” and “add mobile plan”. At this point, you will be able to scan the QR code. After recognizing it, you can save it and assign a name to it. You will then be able to distinguish between your usual data plan and the one you have just installed and choose one or the other.
In which destinations can you use Holafly?
Holafly eSIM is available in many countries. You can find the full list of destinations on the company’s website.
In addition, it is also possible to buy eSIMs valid for a set of countries within Asia, Europe, North America, or Latin America. This way, if you are traveling to more than one country, you will not have to buy more than one eSIM from Holafly. You can check out all the information about the destinations on their website.
Price and discounts at Holafly
The price of digital eSIM cards varies depending on the destination and the number of days of your trip. Below you can see the prices of the most popular countries (to this price, you have to add the 5% discount in Holafly):
Remember that if you use the code “COMEAMAVIAJA” you will get a 5% discount at Holafly.
Holafly reviews: my experience
If you have doubts about the potential of this product because you haven’t used it before, here is my experience and my opinion of Holafly, as well as sharing other opinions.
I haven’t used the eSIM yet, but I have used their traditional SIM card on three occasions. The first time was to travel to Chile. The other two times I have used this company’s services have been to travel to Switzerland, since my plan does not include internet in this country.
On both occasions, I have had a very good experience. It was very convenient, especially because once in the country I did not have to worry about going to a cell phone store to buy a prepaid card. I had a very good connection from the first moment I arrived in Switzerland.
Buying an eSIM or prepaid card at the destination
It is true that buying a prepaid card at the destination can sometimes save you some money, as they are usually cheaper. However, as I said, you will have to invest part of your time in that, and, in addition, you will not have internet until you get to the city (at the airport, I never recommend buying them, as they are very expensive).
On the other hand, if you choose to use the Holafly discount and buy an eSIM, you will have internet from the moment your plane lands, and, best of all, you won’t have to spend a minute at your destination to put internet on your mobile. In addition, you will be able to leave your SIM card on your mobile, which is very convenient if you need to receive a message or call.
As with everything else, you must weigh the time and money you are going to invest, whether you do it one way or another, and make the best decision for you. If you have plenty of time at your destination and don’t mind spending a couple of hours going to a store, then it may be better to buy a local card.
Other Holafly reviews
If you are interested in more reviews of Holafly, you can read more reviews on the Trustpilot website, where many travelers share their experience using these SIM cards and eSIMs in different countries around the world. Currently, the company has a 4.6/5 rating, thanks to more than 8,000 reviews.
Other travel discounts
If you are planning your next adventure, here an article detailing all travel discounts I have to offer (see below for details). Also, you might be interested in learning some tricks to save on your travels.
Here are some of my other favorite promos (beyond the Holafly discount):
- Heymondo discount. As a reader of this blog, you can get a 5% discount on your next travel insurance here.
- Booking discount. Sometimes, this famous hotel booking company releases promotions with discounts of 15% or more on selected accommodations. You can check the current booking discounts here.
- N26 Card. Although it is not a discount as such, this bank card will save you a lot of money on unnecessary fees for withdrawing money abroad. You can order the N26 here.
- Omio discount. This platform is very useful for finding the best transportation options in Europe. If you don’t have an account yet, you can get $10 in credit here.
If you are organizing a trip, don’t miss all my travel tips.
I hope this article about having internet abroad has been very useful for you to know how this company works. If you have any questions or input, I encourage you to leave a comment or write me an email, enjoy your Holafly with the discount!