My experience and review of Heymondo travel insurance
After taking numerous trips abroad without travel insurance out of pure ignorance, I have long been aware of how crucial it is to have one if you’re visiting a country where you won’t have medical coverage.
As a result, I have always purchased a Heymondo travel insurance policy when planning a trip overseas. After trying out other companies, this has been the one that has worked the best for me, which is why I always recommend it.
As a person who travels a lot and spends a lot of time abroad, there have been numerous occasions when I’ve needed to use my insurance policy. I’ll go into more detail about my experience and thoughts about HeyMondo travel insurance below.
I’ve had to use my Heymondo travel insurance policy on numerous occasions. I’ve had mostly excellent experiences working with them. I will now highlight three positive instances and one where I was slightly less successful due to human error. Although I understand that it can happen to anyone.
- Positive experiences:
- Stomach virus. I have had this problem on two occasions during my trips to Bali and the insurance has always taken care of me. Both times they sent me to a reputable center where they treated me well and I didn’t have to pay anything in advance.
- Tetanus shot. I accidentally stuck a sharp instrument into a wound while traveling and dialed the insurance company. I received the tetanus injection at the hospital where I went. According to a follower from Ecuador, I was taken to the one of the best hospitals in the nation.
- Skin condition. My partner also started experiencing skin issues in Bali. When we contacted Mondo, they sent him to the hospital right away, where they performed several tests and informed him that it was a fungus. They prescribed a cream, and the skin rash went away. The medical attention was excellent.
- Negative experience:
- Food poisoning. I got food poisoning in Inle Lake (Myanmar), and when I called my insurance, they mistakenly gave me the address of a hospital that was too far away. They fixed it after I got back in touch with them.
Heymondo: the best travel insurance company
Beyond my personal experience, Heymondo is regarded as one of the top travel insurance options available today. This is due to the fact that it offers some of the best coverage on the market while also being among the most affordable travel insurance options. Along with that, it provides services that other insurers do not, like the following:
- HeyMondo App. When you book insurance with this insurer, they give you access to an app through which you can check any information, manage an incident, or even make a free assistance call over the internet.
- Medical chat. You will have a 24-hour chat at your disposal in which you will be assisted by specialists who will answer any medical questions. You can send images and documents and the specialist will advise you what to do.
- COVID-19 coverage. All Mondo insurances have coverage related to Covid-19 including: medical expenses derived from infection by coronavirus, medical transfer, repatriation, expenses derived from extension of stay due to medical quarantine, etc.
- Cancellation insurance. If you want to travel safely, it is possible to include cancellation fees in your policy.
- Different insurance and policies. Depending on your circumstances and needs, Mondo gives you the option of booking different travel insurances (for one trip, long-term, annual travel insurance…) and you can also choose the coverage you want.
- Tech coverage. Unlike other companies, HeyMondo covers electronic equipment, which comes in handy if something happens to any of your pricey tech.
Heymondo Reviews from other travelers
Below, you’ll find a summary of what other travelers had to say about this Heymondo travel insurance. I want to assure you that the insurance company has received very positive reviews for the most part.
Heymondo travel insurance reviews in Trustpilot
Heymondo has a overall score of 4.4/5 on Trustpilot, which is a very high rating. If you didn’t know, Trustpilot is a website where users can share their opinions about various businesses, which helps other people make purchasing decisions.
78% of users have left a 5-star rating, 16% have left a 4-star rating, 2% have left a 3-star rating, less than 1% have given Heymondo 2 stars, and 3% have given it a 1-star rating.
The reviews that other travelers have shared about Heymondo speak well of the purchase process, customer service and incident resolution.
Below, I’ll share a few reviews:
As you can see by reading these comments, users praise the website’s attention to detail, speed, and simplicity.
You can view all of HeyMondo’s Trustpilot reviews here.
Heymondo review in TripAdvisor
Let’s see what one more user has to say about this travel insurance on TripAdvisor. As you are well aware, TripAdvisor is another website where customers can rate and comment on various businesses. It also features forums regarding travel.
There is a forum in which users can share their experiences using various travel insurance providers. We can find a few Heymondo reviews among them. The majority of reviews are favorable. There are some that are negative as well, but the main reason is that money was not reimbursed for issues that the insurance did not cover.
You can see a positive TripAdvisor Heymondo travel insurance review below:
I wanted to highlight comments from travelers who, like me, have purchased a Heymondo Travel Insurance policy and had a positive experience. Above all, they highlight the website’s usability and response time.
Keep in mind that I have a 5% discount for you if you decide to use Heymondo travel insurance to cover your vacation as well. All you need to do is purchase insurance using the button above.
Heymondo reviews in the App Store
The Heymondo app has a rating of 3.8/5 out of 28 total reviews on the App Store, which is satisfactory.
The few negative ratings on the App Store are almost always due to an application error or user confusion.
Heymondo reviews in Google Play
The Heymondo travel insurance app has 137 reviews and a rating of 3.8/5 on Google Play. Also, it is evident that the app has been downloaded more than 50,000 times, demonstrating that lots of travelers believe in the company’s ability to adequately insure their journeys.
I’ll share some more Heymondo reviews from travelers below:
– “I had an overall good experience using this insurance app. I got sick somewhere on my travels and I was able to get assistance quickly using this”.
– “Five star insurance. The app is easy to use, easy to connect with a human when you’re in need, and the response are speedy and professional. Highly recommend this insurer and their app”.
Similar to the App Store, the few negative ratings on Google Play are almost always due to an application error or user confusion.
Purchase a Heymondo policy with a discount
I hope that after reading all of these reviews and experiences, you are a bit more certain whether Heymondo travel insurance is right for you or not. I’ll say it again: My experience traveling with a policy over the past few years has been excellent. Therefore I always tell my friends, followers, and readers to check out the company.
Below, I’ll show you how to purchase a policy
1) Visit the Heymondo website and choose your desired policy
The first thing you need to do is visit the Heymondo website.
As you can see, there will be an automatic 5% discount applied when you access their website using my link.
You must now press the “start quote” button.
The next step is choosing the type of insurance you want. Remember that Heymondo has two different types of insurance:
- Single trip. If you want coverage for a trip with a specific duration, this is the one you need to choose.
- Multiple trips in one year. Purchase this insurance if you plan to travel for more than 90 days and are unsure of when your trip will end because it gives you the option to extend the coverage period.
2) Choose the coverage you need
After choosing the type of insurance you want and specifying your home country, your destination or destinations, the number of travelers, and the dates of your trip, you’ll be directed to a table that compares the various coverage options and their costs.
A 1-month trip to any country in the world is used as an example. Once you arrive at this screen once you have finished entering all the data, you will see three policy options to choose from: “Heymondo Top”, “Heymondo Premium”, and “Heymondo Medical”. “Heymondo Top” is advised if you are traveling to a destination with expensive healthcare.
3) Purchase the insurance policy
Once you know what coverage you want, all you have to do is press the “buy” button that is located beneath the name of the appropriate policy.
You will be directed to a window where you will be prompted to enter the traveler’s and payer’s information. You’ll receive an email containing information about your policy after you complete the purchase. This policy allows you to find all of your insurance’s detailed information. You will also be given an emergency contact number, which you can dial if you need medical assistance, as well as your policy number.
4) What to do if you need to make an insurance claim
I’ll briefly go through what to do if you have the misfortune of getting sick or getting into an accident while on your trip and need to make a claim.
You can contact the insurance provider by using the HeyMondo app, which you should download ahead of time, or by using the phone number included in the confirmation email you receive after purchasing the insurance.
Remember to always have your policy number on hand since you will likely need it. Once these preliminary information has been received, you will be able to explain your situation, and depending on the urgency, it may take more or less time for the medical center you need to visit to call you back or send you an email.
When you arrive at the medical center, it’s highly likely that the insurer has already contacted the facility and is waiting for you. They’ll ask for your passport and help you. You won’t be required to make any payments in advance.
In an emergency, go directly to the hospital or medical center on your own own. The insurer will then reimburse you for your expenses. Remember to keep your invoices and reports very safe, you will need it later.
Things to keep in mind to avoid claim issues
If you read more Heymondo reviews, you’ll see that the majority of negative comments are a result of a lack of understanding of the policy’s terms and how they work rather than poor service from the company. For this reason, I’d want to make the following points clear to prevent any issues later:
1. Heymondo covers theft losses caused by violent or forceful robberies, just like any other travel insurance. This means that it doesn’t cover petty theft. It is necessary to provide a police report with the claim in the case of the robberies.
2. In case you went directly to a medical center or hospital, instead of waiting for the insurance company to tell you where to go, and had to pay in advance, you will have to provide all the invoices of the expenses so that they can reimburse you. Remember to keep everything in a safe place.
3. As I mentioned earlier in this article, you need to provide your policy number so that the insurer can get back to you. If you don’t have it ready, it can be a bit of a hassle to look it up quickly during the call. Maybe in the near future they’ll be able to use your passport number to identify you.
4. Read very well what your insurance policy covers, what it does not cover and the terms and conditions. Yes, as in any contract with an insurance company, you have to go over the insurance clauses in detail to know what is covered.
I hope this article about Heymondo reviews has been useful for you to decide and book the best travel insurance for you. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or email me, enjoy your trip!