Things to do in Paris: Best Activities
1. Have a picnic at Champs de Mars which is located right next to the Eiffel Tower.
2. Visit Louvre Museum. You probably wont have the time to visit the entire museum. It is huge!
3. A stroll through Champs Élysées and maybe do some shopping.
4. Take a stroll through Champs Élysées and maybe do some shopping.
5. Visit Sacré-Cœur Basilica, you can take a day tour and visit Montmartre (Painter’s neighborhood) as well.
7. Visit Lafayette Gallery, which is one of the most famous shopping centers in the world. It is also very beautiful during Christmas season.
8. Enjoy the stunning view of the Eiffel Tower from Place du Trocadéro. It is definitely one of the most unique things to do in Paris.
9. Take a free tour through Paris. Like any other free tour, you will be able to learn a bit of the history about the city and tip the tour guide.
10. Go up to the top of the Eiffel Tower. I recommend purchasing the entrance tickets in advance in the official website.
11. In the mood for some art? I recommend visiting Musée d’Orsay. It houses the largest collection of impressionist art in the world.
12. Taste the exquisite French gastronomy at a good price in Bouillon Chartier.
13. Go up to Arc de Triomphe where you can observe the twelve avenues that start from Place Charles de Gaulle. You can purchase a ticket here.
14. Visit Les Invalides which is Napoleon’s resting place. Do not forget to walk through the gardens located in front of the building.
15. Take a walk through Jardin Des Tuileries and sit on one of the benches around the fountains.
16. Take a trip to Versailles Palace, which was once a royal residence from 1682 to 1789.
17. Visit the Catacombs in Paris. It is one of the most interesting things to do in Paris.
18. Take a stroll through Luxembourg Garden and Luxembourg Palace.
19. Visit Concordia Plaza which is the second largest plaza in France after Plaza Des Quinconces located in Bordeaux.
20. Visit Sainte-Chapelle which is the gothic royal chapel in Paris. You can purchase an entrance ticket using this link.
21. Go for a bike ride in Bois de Boulogne. This large park is located on the east side of the city and it is perfect to escape the city’s chaos.
22. Visit Maisons de Victor Hugo. It is a museum located in the house where Victor Hugo lived from 1832-1848.
23. Go watch a show in Moulin Rouge. You can book an entrance ticket here.
24. Visit Notre-Dame Cathedral. This beautiful cathedral has some amazing gargoyles.
25. Visit Pompidou Center. You can visit the outside of the center and enjoy the incredible contrast of architecture with the rest of the buildings in Paris. You can book and entrance ticket here.
26. Take a trip to Disneyland Paris. A trip tp this theme park is definitely one of the most fun things to do in Paris.
27. Celebrate love by visiting the Love Wall.
28. Visit the panoramic observatory at Tour Montparnasse. The view is breathtaking.
29. Watch an expo in Grand Palais and appreciate the building’s beauty. Petit Palais is right in front of Grand Palais
30. Visit Palais Garnier, Opera National de Paris. It is one of the best places to visit in Paris. Entrance tickets available here.
31. Take a photo or selfie in La Maison Rose, which is located in Monmartre.
32. Visit Paris Pantheon where many well-known figures like Marie Curie, Victor Hugo, Voltaire and Rousseau are buried. You can purchase an entrance here.
33. Take a free tour through Montmartre. You can get to know the history of one of Paris’ mots romantic and beautiful neighborhood.
34. Visit the Royal Palace and take some photos in the interior patio where you can see art installation created by Daniel Buren. The art is Les Deux Plateaux. There is also another garden which you can visit.
35. Visit Musée de L’Orangerie which is located inside Tuileries Garden. The museum has works from impressionists and post-impressionist.
36. Are you interested in visiting cemeteries? If yes, I recommend visiting Père-Lachaise cemetery. You can purchase and entrance ticket here.
37. Cross Pont Neuf, the oldest stoned bridge in Paris. It was built between 1578-1606.
38. Take a walk through Rue Crémieux which is a residential street full of colorful pastel houses. Always have respect for those who live there.
39. Visit Bastille Plaza. It is one of the most important squares in Paris and a very symbolic place.
40. Take a free tour in the Latin Neighborhood. It is one of the most special places in Paris thanks to its number of historical monuments and bohemian atmosphere.
41. Buy a souvenir at one of Paris’ many Bouquinistes which are bookstalls.
42. Relax at Vosgos Plaza. It is the oldest plaza in Paris located in Le Marais neighborhood.
43. Visit Marmottan Monet Museum where you’ll see artwork by Claude Monet, Degas, Berthe Marisot, Édouard Manet and Pierre-Auguste Renoir.
44. Take a trip to Mont Saint-Michel. It is one of the most unique and beautiful places in France.
45. Visit Rodin Museum where you can get to know the works of Auguste Rodin. The museum has a beautiful garden.
46. Discover Paris by night in a vintage car with a local. Is there a more unique way to get to know Paris?
47. Cross Alexander III Bridge which connect Les Invalides with Grand Palais and Petit Palais.
48. Visit Cluny Museum. It is also known as Medieval National Museum of Paris. Details are in this website.
49. Go shopping in Vivienne Gallery. It is one of the most emblematic galleries in Paris. It was built in 1823.
50. Go on a walk in Coulée Verte René-Dumont which is an old railway line made into a park.
51. Visit Vincennes Forest. It is one of the most beautiful and pleasant green spaces in the city. Not to mention the biggest! Don’t miss Château de Vincennes.
52. Take a free tour about “mysteries and legends of Paris”. You can get to know Paris’ dark side by going on this tour.
53. Visit Place de la République. Many protests are help in this square.
54. Take a pleasant walk along Canal Saint-Martin. If you’ve seen the movie Amélie, be sure to visit the section where Amélie throws stones in the canal (Quai de Valmy with Boulevard Jules Ferry).
Subscribe to the email list to receive this ebook with 10 destinations to travel to at least once in your life. You will also be the first to know about my upcoming trips.
55. Visit Mazarine Library; the oldest public library in France.
56. Go shopping on Rue de Rivoli. It is one of the main shopping streets in Paris.
58. Visit La Conciergerie. The kings of France lived in La Conciergerie between the 10th and 14th centuries. Later it became a prison.
59. Buying flowers at Marché aux Fleurs – Reine Elisabeth II.
60. Take a photo next to the Pyramid of Louvre Museum. You’ve probably seen this picture on social media before.
61. Take a free tour around the Eiffel Tower. You will get to know many curious facts about the most emblematic place in Paris.
62. Visit Saint-Sulpice Church. It is the second largest church in Paris, after Notre-Dame. Don’t miss the Chapelle Des Saints-Anges, where you can see murals painted by Delacroix.
63. Visit the Museum of Modern Art in Paris. It is located in Tokyo Palace. It has more than 8 thousand works of modern and contemporary artist.
64. Take a bike tour in Paris. Get to know the city of Paris on a 3-hour bike ride.
65. Get to know the Madeleine Church, of neoclassical architecture and built between 1763 and 1842.
66. Go shopping at La Grande Epicerie de Paris which is a delicatessen with products from many places.
67. Go for a drink at Ground Control. It is an indoor and outdoor space located in an old train station full of food stalls, bars, shops, workshops, etc. It is one of the best activities to do in Paris.
68. Enjoy art in a different way at L’Atelier Des Lumières which is a 300 square-meter space dedicated to digital art.
69. Go for a drink at Hasard Ludique. It is an artistic space located on an abandoned train track.
70. Go up to Arch of Defense. You can enjoy an incredible views of Paris from the largest terrace in the city.
71. Watch a movie at Villette Park which has an outdoor cinema. It’s definitely one of the most unique things to do in Paris.
72. Go for a walk in Buttes-Chaumont Park which is the third biggest park in Paris. It also has a wide diversity of flora.
73. Book a Segway tour in Paris. This guided tour will take you to the most important monuments in Paris. You’ll also get to know a bit of the history about the city while having a bit of fun.
74. Visit Picasso Museum in Paris. You can see many of Picasso’s works from different eras.
75. Visit the Museum of Decorative Arts in Paris. It has around 6,000 pieces: tapestries, tableware, graphic art, sculptures, etc.
76. Visit Vendome Plaza and appreciate French urban style. It is also one of the most luxurious plazas in Paris.
77. Cross Pont Des Arts which is one of the most emblematic bridges in Paris.
Where to stay in Paris
Finding accommodation in Paris can be a bit complicated due to the price. Paris is not an affordable city. Therefore, if we want to sleep in a good area and at a good hotel, we must book it in advance and be ready to shell out a few dollars. Some of the best districts to stay in Paris are:
On my last trip to Paris I stayed at R. Kipling Hotel by Happyculture. It is a boutique hotel located a few meters away from Moulin Rouge, in the IX arrondissement. It is near a metro station, so it was very easy to get around the city. The hotel was a bit old, however, we enjoyed our stay.
I hope this post about the 77 things to do in Paris has been informative and has helped you plan your trip to the French capital. If you have any questions, I encourage you to leave a comment or write me an email. Until next time, travelers!