Bali entry requirements and other parts of Indonesia in 2022
Last Update: 19/05/2022
The United States is among the countries eligible for a Visa on Arrival. Check this list to find out if your country is eligible.
These are the Bali entry requirements for 2022 or rest of (Indonesia) with a Visa on Arrival:
1. Valid passport for at least 6 months after the date of entry into Indonesia. Make sure your passport doesn’t expire in the next half year.
2. Book an outbound flight from Indonesia.
3. Certificado de vacunación, digital o físico, contra el Covid-19 (al menos 2 dosis) en inglés o certificado de exención. La última vacuna ha tenido que ser puesta al menos 14 días antes del vuelo.
3. Covid-19 vaccination certificate, digital or physical, (at least 2 doses) in English or exemption certificate. The last had to be given at least 14 days before the flight.
4. For those who have only received 1 dose of the COVID-19 vaccine: Negative PCR result taken no later than 72 hours before departure to Indonesia or an antigen test no later than 24 hours before departure. Those who are fully vaccinated (2 doses) no longer need a PCR test to enter Indonesia.
5. Download PeduliLindungi app and created an account.
6. A hotel reservation.
7. Travel insurance that covers Covid-19 in Indonesia. The minimum coverage must be $25,000. I use and recommend Heymondo insurance. You can get a 5% discount on Heymondo if you book your insurance through this link.
Important Notice: Compare this information with other sources as Bali entry requirements for 2022 or for the rest of Indonesia may change at any time. I recommend following @balisolve on Instagram as they are constantly updating this information. You can also visit the website of the embassy of the Republic of Indonesia, although they update the information with a little more delay.
What is VOA (visa on arrival)
Before the COVID-19 pandemic, there were 2 ways to enter Indonesia as a tourist. One possibility was to enter without any type of visa, which allowed you to stay in Indonesia for a maximum of 30 days. The other possibility was to purchase a “VOA”. Currently, you can only enter Indonesia as a tourist with a VOA.
You do not have to apply for a VOA in advance. You can purchase a VOA upon arrival at any airport in Indonesia (Jakarta, Bali, etc.).
The VOA costs $35 and allows you to stay in the country for 30 days. It is possible to extend the VOA and stay in Indonesia for another 30 days, which would be a total of 60 days.
If you already know that you are going to stay in Indonesia for more than 30 days, I recommend going to a visa agency during your first week in the country, so that they can start processing your visa extension.
Countries eligible for a VOA in 2022 – Bali entry requirements
People from the following countries can now enter Indonesia with a VOA (visa on arrival):
South Africa, United States, Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Australia, Netherlands, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Philippines, Finland, Hong Kong, Hungary, England, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Germany , Cambodia, South Korea, Canada, Croatia, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Myanmar, Norway, France, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, New Zealand, Seychelles, Singapore, Cyprus, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, East Timor, China, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam and Greece.
Airports where you can enter Indonesia with a VOA
Not only can you fly to Jakarta or Bali with an obtain a VOA (visa on arrival), but to all the airports in Indonesia where a VOA is available once you arrive, for example:
- Soekarno Hatta, Banten.
- Ngurah Rai, Bali.
- Kualanamu, North Sumatra.
- Juanda, East Java.
- Sultan Hasanuddin, South Sulawesi.
- Sam Ratulangi, North Sulawesi.
- Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta Special Region.
Is it necessary to get a PCR or quarantine when arriving in Indonesia?
They no longer offer a PCR test when you arrive at the airport in Indonesia. This is so as long as you do not present symptoms of Covid-19 and your body temperature is below 37.5ºC.
Quarantine is not mandatory as well.
Important Notice: I want to remind you again that it is importance to verify this information in case there has been any changes. Entry requirements to Indonesia could change at any time.
I hope that this post about Bali entry requirements for 2022 (Indonesia) has been very useful for you to planning your trip. If you have any questions, I encourage you to leave a comment or email me. Until next time, travelers!